Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Go Green: Go Eco Beauty

Hellooooooooooooooo bloggers!!

Long time no see! Sorry I've been SO out of touch lately!! But I have been doing a LOT OF RESEARCH and testing a lot of different kinds of beauty products. And would love to share a few thoughts.

I'm aiming to go organic with my skin care routine - I've already started off with investing Burt's Bees, Aesop (an australian high end beauty line but I recently discovered that they use Denatured alcohol in their produce, which is toxic, so it's going off my list now), Becca (my recent discovery of this great australian beauty line and I'm still loving it). I'm actively trying to clean out all the chemical products and samples that I constantly get from friends and family.

Here's my list of organic skincare products:

Burt's Bees
Becca
Jurlique (though it's a bit too mild for me)
The UN-petroleum Jelly
L'Occitane (and have fun with their "find your ballerina look" online tool!)

They're awesome. I will vouch for them.

Of course there are a lot more organic products - click here and here. I haven't had a chance to try any of those yet.

While we're on the topic of beauty products, I've discovered a NEW nail polish that is organic and vegan!! The product line is called SpaRitual and it doesn't have the horrid chemical smell, and it's so gentle that you can wear it if you're pregnant! They also come in amazin gorgeous colours! I just tried on the shade called "Dreams Become Reality". And I'm totally in love it! I've also tried an orange red at my beauty nail salon. It's just wonderful to pamper yourself with the best and finest - the organics!

As for skin care routines, I've been watching a lot of different youtube videos on best ways to do makeup on my own at home. And I fell in love with Kandee Johnson, a celebrity make-up artist in L.A. and her generous tips on how-tos. She's a mother of four children, and she looks AMAZING. So I really appreciate her insightful know-hows, down-to-earth practical tips, and adorable upbeat personality.

Honestly, I had no idea women worldwide spend so much time, money, thoughts, and efforts into taking care of their skin. It's a LOT of work, but truly - we are worth it. I'm following skincare routines according to the products available to me (and there are A LOT of products I'm just getting familiar to).

I am now on a rampage trying to update my skincare regime with PETROLEUM-FREE products.



For a few months now, everyday I wake up and I get into doing a quick "natural" makeup routine. It takes me about 10 to 15 minutes (took me a while to get used to it, and I was wearing too much makeup at one point - almost stage-makeup look, so I had to tone down.) Now in 15 minutes, my makeup includes 1. primer, foundation/concealer, setting powder, 2. eyeshadow techniques with highlighting, and 3. lipgloss... Sometimes I wear eyeliners. I'm really enjoying looking my finest. And here in Hong Kong, I'm always on the run, and I hate it when my makeup just slide off by mid-day, and look terrible with melted makeup on. This routine really allows my makeup to stick to my face for over 12 hours. It's like wearing a beautiful mask to protect my face from the intense pollutants.

I really like Michelle Phan's tips on "Tightline" eye-lining. It's very natural to the point where it's no eye-liner look.

Now that's natural.



So another reason to be green, is not just for love of our earth, but love for ourselves.

xoxo
CK

3 comments:

Jennifer C. Valerie said...

Hey Ck,
Catching up on my blog reading today. Tried to comment on your other blog but it said I required a username. Thanks for sharing your routine. You look beautiful.

Curiosity Killer said...

Hi Jennifer!

You probably have to (RE-)register on my blog. I had so many spammer emails registered on my blog, that I cleared it all in one go, and accidentally deleted some of my friends!! Sorry and so good to see you again!! xxx

tracy.rose@healthline.com said...

Hi,

Healthline is interested in contributing a guest post to greenishernewblog.blogspot.com. We would be open to contributing any blog that would be of interest to your readers. Healthline bloggers have been featured on a variety of sites including:

Washington Times: http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/tango-mind-and-emotion/2012/aug/10/how-healthy-choices-easy/
Natural News: http://www.naturalnews.com/036515_diabetes_strawberries_prevention.html
Patch.com: http://strongsville.patch.com/blog_posts/where-and-what-to-eat-in-cleveland-to-beat-the-winter-blues

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you in advance for your consideration.

Warm Regards,
Tracy